This salad has inspired me to roast all kinds of fruit, Grapes, Peaches, Apricots, Raspberries! also a fabulous use of fruit as it nears over-ripeness (hmmmm. . . . is that a word?) Simply coat fruit with EVOO and fresh herbs, thyme, orange mint is lovely, and roast at 350 for approx 15-20 minutes. Salad: Baby Kale and other baby greens, sliced green apple, radicchio, roasted grapes, blue cheese (we love Sequatchie Cove's Bellamy with Alderwood Smoked Salt). For the dressing, I prefer Epicurious grainy mustard vinaigrette recipe:
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Mince garlic with a large heavy knife, then mash to a paste with salt using flat side of knife.
- Whisk together garlic paste, mustard, vinegar, and pepper, then add oil in a slow stream, whisking until emulsified.
- Just before serving, toss greens with vinaigrette.